Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Third Entry


What does Jesus want us to do for the Sawi?

In II Timothy chapter 4, verse 5 it says, "But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you." Also in I Corinthians chapter 9, verse 16 it says, "Yet preaching the Good News is not something I can boast about. I am compelled by God to do it. How terrible for me if I didn't preach the Good News!" Both of these scripture verses are informing the readers about what Jesus specifically wants them to do about people like the Sawies. Jesus specifically states in the first verse in the previous that people should work on telling others of the Good News so that they may receive salvation. Here, the Good News means the story of Jesus' resurrection. The only way for people to receive salvation and spend their eternity in heaven with God is to first, hear the Good News, then, accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. There is no other way. As for the Sawies, if Don Richarson had not been there to preach the Good News to them, it is likely that they would have never had the chance to know about God. To accept Jesus Christ as the Lord and Saviour, is probably the most important decision one would have to make in one's life. It is because unlike many other decisions, it affects one's entire life as well as one's after life whether in heaven or hell. From my own experience, I can safely say that living a Christian life, according to the teachings of Jesus Christ, is extremely difficult. There are many aspects of life, which I had to give up. These aspects of life include wordly pleasure, desire, and ambition. The hardest thing about it is that the more I try to avoid these things the harder they come back to haunt me. As a teenager, full of energy and desire for pleasure, I could not easily turn down sex, alcohol, and drugs. Yet, if I still embrace the opportunity to obtain any of these, there is no guarantee that I will neglect it. However, God forgives us of our sins. He allows us the opportunity to repent. Repent means a change of mind. Thus, it is to ask God for forgiveness and try not commit the same sin again.

No comments: